Midlands Poker Forum
Please register as a full member of the site and login!
The next £75+£7 Monthly £10000 Guaranteed at Grosvenor Hill St will be on Sunday 26th November
Broadway Birmingham will hold their next £7500 GTD £100+£10 Monthly Freezeout on Wednesday 29th November
Grosvenor Birmingham Hill St runs their Monthly £50 with a £6000 Guarantee on the second Saturday of each month
Stoke Genting will hold their next £50+£5 Monthly Special with a £4000 guarantee on Sunday 3rd December
View previous topicGo downView next topic
deadlyscfc
Full House
Full House

Genting Stoke

on 2015-11-30, 18:36
Played the £4k guarantee yesterday and the structure has changed since the last time and is much better allowing more play in the game.Just needs some of the regulars to understand that they don;t have to keep going all in all the time. Good to see 6 tables in play and people travelling from Derby.Nottingham,Midlands and Wigan. Only dissapointment was just 3 ladies playing all of them ahad travelled as well.The comp took £4300.So no overlay for a change.
The new format is £40 +£6.for 15k chips with 1.5 early bird chips before 4pm.They now only have 4 levels of re-entry instead of 6.and there is a £20 add on in the break for another 15k chips.30 mins clock.Just be aware the Yellow and red card disciplinary system is in place,so if you are in seat 1 be careful you do not fold out of turn,as happens often as you cannot always see seat 10.
All in all much better comp and the next one is next Sunday and every 1st and last Sunday thereafter
Panfried
Flush
Flush

Re: Genting Stoke

on 2015-12-02, 22:06
Cardrooms that operate that warning system need to cut Seat One some slack, I`d say.

I have seen the Seat One player penalised when Seat Ten had his hands entirely covering his cards such that even those of us who had a clear view couldn`t see he was still in play.  Therefore, Seat One had no chance.

I have also seen the Seat One player penalised when Seat Ten was up out of his seat discussing his dinner order with the valet, so that any rational person would assume he was not in the hand.

In both cases, protests from other players at the table fell on deaf ears.  Dealers appear to think that the introduction of the warning system absolves them of any need to exercise common sense.

Full House
Full House

on 2015-12-02, 22:26
Devil's advocate: we all know the perils of seat 1. Just verify with the dealer that the action is on you?
deadlyscfc
Full House
Full House

on 2015-12-04, 19:00
I had the seat one problem and the dealer had looked at me as if it was my go.so i folded and then seat 10 who had his hand over the cards protested and i got yellow even though the dealer admitted she had got it wrong.The player in seat10 is an old school stroke puller and laughed at my Yellow card.He later moved table and did the same there.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum