Midlands Poker Forum
Please register as a full member of the site and login!
The next £75+£7 Monthly £10000 Guaranteed at Grosvenor Hill St will be on Sunday 26th November
Broadway Birmingham will hold their next £7500 GTD £100+£10 Monthly Freezeout on Wednesday 29th November
Grosvenor Birmingham Hill St runs their Monthly £50 with a £6000 Guarantee on the second Saturday of each month
Stoke Genting will hold their next £50+£5 Monthly Special with a £4000 guarantee on Sunday 3rd December
View previous topicGo downView next topic
deadlyscfc
Full House
Full House

Party Poker Grand Prix.

on 2015-11-24, 21:24
Don't forget anyone playing the Party Poker Grand Prix at Stamford Bridge This Weekend.No money can be taken on the day doe to licensing laws so the entry fee has to be paid into a Party Poker account. There are 100 tables in use,so there should be no trouble getting in.I have played one of these events and the structure was fine,just a lot of Crap shooting players as it only costs £70 and many of them have got in on a satellite.However any money one is paid into your poker account, so be aware you may have to wait 3-5 days for your money.
fadethespades
Ace High
Ace High

Re: Party Poker Grand Prix.

on 2015-11-24, 23:28
Does DTD really expect people to travel to London for a £70 comp?

Think they may get caught with their pants down on this one.
deadlyscfc
Full House
Full House

on 2015-11-25, 20:32
Apparently been loads of on line qualifiers.Still do not think they will have enough for the guarantee.
Panfried
Flush
Flush

on 2015-11-25, 21:33
On the other hand, there are quite a lot of people living in London, last I heard.  Very Happy

Ace High
Ace High

on 2015-11-26, 16:28
true but dtd get a lot of people coming to the club from the north. They set mad gurantees and they then seem to expect people to drop everything and help them not lose money. some of the groupies will travel down I suppose but I don't know if they have a big enough following down there to make the guarantee for this without the players from Yorkshire/Lancashire and further north getting involved.
hmrcustoms
Full House
Full House

on 2015-11-26, 20:39
DTD are now running coaches down there, so they must be worried.

Full House
Full House
http://fluence-poker-dinosaur.blogspot.com/

on 2015-11-26, 22:26
I would hate DTD to totally fail and close down because their influence has raised the standards of all other cardrooms in the country because they are the benchmark that others are graded by. We therefore have a lot to thank them for.

That said it does get a little tedious when their vanity for HUGE guarantees continually gets them in a hole and then we get Simon and Rob trying to guilt trip people into supporting an event.

I've lost count of the number of times I've read comments on DTD's Social Media and blogs along the lines of "we need you to support this event guys" and "I need everyone who has faith in me delivering to get behind..."

If they take a hit on this they only have themselves to blame this time.

Full House
Full House

on 2015-11-28, 09:27
The high roller is taking the hit at the moment being 80K short, DTD are not close off begging for players these days. I agree Dave they always tug on the support for Robs beliefs, but one day we may call a day of the week such as black Friday the day when DTD went to the wall.

Let's face it there are only so many poker players who can play week in week out, wether it's financial or other commitments, most play when they are in the mood or have a set amount of dispossible income. 

It won't be long before DTD bring out the Xmas game normally stating in the sales pitch how "you can end the year with a bang or start the new year with a good bankroll".

I just ignore Dtd's social begging these days as they are no better than high street hawkers, maybe they should launch a DTD magazine called "our big issues". If I play at DTD it's because I won't to not because of any overlay or begging.

Full House
Full House

on 2015-11-28, 12:09
Recalling my recent post where I was assured that DTD were making decent ROI
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum