Midlands Poker Forum
Please register as a full member of the site and login!
The next £75+£7 Monthly £10000 Guaranteed at Grosvenor Hill St will be on Sunday 26th November
Broadway Birmingham will hold their next £7500 GTD £100+£10 Monthly Freezeout on Wednesday 29th November
Grosvenor Birmingham Hill St runs their Monthly £50 with a £6000 Guarantee on the second Saturday of each month
Stoke Genting will hold their next £50+£5 Monthly Special with a £4000 guarantee on Sunday 3rd December
View previous topicGo downView next topic
deadlyscfc
Full House
Full House

Gukpt

on 2015-11-20, 20:11
The players were saying at Blackpool that the feeling was to phase out the £500 entry fee. so it gets further out of reach of many areas unless by satellite. I think the Midland Grosvenors could get their heads together and create a £200 mini tour. over 3-5 days with smaller more affordable side events and satellites. they could use Stoke. Leicester. Nottingham, Coventry. Northampton Birmingham, Walsall. Just an idea.
Ascot
http://www.midlandspoker.com

Re: Gukpt

on 2015-11-21, 16:38
Havent you just described the 25/25 Series? Dont even know if Northampton has a cardroom but they certainly didn't respond with a poker offering when Aspers killed off their tournaments. Nottingham seems to have given up apart from cash games, though I used to play there and it was fine, but the last (only) 25/25 they held was very poorly attended.

Full House

on 2015-11-22, 06:20
True,but i was thinking more along the line of a festival with different side evnts,so it was accessible to all ranges.I don,t like the idea of the Midlands being ignored, for the Money South of Watford.And we become polarised.
Panfried
Flush
Flush

on 2015-11-22, 14:23
I agree that it would be good to have more options in the Midlands, but let`s not forget that we have Goliath, the biggest and best-attended festival of all.

Full House

on 2015-11-22, 18:31
Fair comment but many of the regular midlands circuit players did not play the goliath and played the 50/50 instead. I refuse to play the Goliath because it is such a crap shoot comp and pays too far down the field.
miskin8
One Pair
One Pair

on 2015-11-23, 04:08
deadlyscfc wrote:Fair comment but many of the regular midlands circuit players did not play the goliath and played the 50/50 instead. I refuse to play the Goliath because it is such a crap shoot comp and pays too far down the field.

Exactly this^^^. IMO you should save your 2 bullets and play the 50/50 (what I have done for last 2 years), even though I found it to play quite shallow with about 30 left (about 15BB average stack). Still, unspeakably better than the Goliath crapshoot. Some ppl firing 3, 4, 5, 6 bullets is just silly and ridiculous.
huntsman
One Pair
One Pair

on 2015-11-23, 11:19
I think it should either be a £500 tour or a £1000 tour. £500 is maybe more realistic in the current climate but it has definitely lost its way a bit.

But since walsall and coventry have been dropped from the main event list for the last couple of years, what is to stop Walsall re-starting the Midlands Meltdown? I remember hearing that Walsall were stopped from doing that festival years ago because the GUKPT didnt want local festivals competing with them? Now that GUKPT have abandoned the Midlands it seems like there might be an opening to do something like that?
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum