Midlands Poker Forum
Please register as a full member of the site and login!
Overlay Expected! Grosvenor Coventry Titan - Fri 20th to Sun 22nd, £50+£7 buyin for £7500 GTD
Walsall hosts the next Grosvenor 25/25 Series from November 2nd - 5th. £200+£20 entry, £25,000 GTD
Genting International at Resortsworld host the Pokerstars Megastack from November 2nd - 5th. £150+£20 Entry, with a £25,000 Guarantee.
View previous topicGo downView next topic
deadlyscfc
Full House
Full House

Folding

on 2015-11-15, 20:46
In a hand yesterday.All cards are out to the river, 3 players. Player one does not check but mucks his cards. this then allows player 2 to bet so player 3 folds. player 2 said he would only have checked himself but the player mucking his cards helped to give him information.It could even construe collusion. Mucking cards when checking is available in this situation is a stupid rule and should not be allowed.
Ascot
http://www.midlandspoker.com

Re: Folding

on 2015-11-15, 22:36
I wouldnt say collusion but it seems a bit retarded. Presumably he's mucking to avoid revealing how bad a hand he has been calling with, but in doing so tells players 2 and 3 all they need to know - possibly calling to the bottom end of a straight, low cards, no showdown value. If player 2 was the aggressor on previous streets but still missed, he can maybe assume player 3 would have reraised with a strong holding if the board was draw-heavy, so cant fault him for taking a stab at it, whether player 1 mucks or checks.

Full House

on 2015-11-15, 23:29
I think there is not as much etiquette around these days. Or maybe just a lack of common sense.
Panfried
Flush
Flush

on 2015-11-16, 17:36
I can see the objection, but it`s a fairly common move.  As Dave says, it would usually indicate that the player has a missed draw.

Straight
Straight
http://www.ukpokerassociation.com

on 2015-11-18, 00:25
TDA Rules, say a penalty for open folding.
IMHO I think it's part of the game short handed. It isn't really collusion unless it is between mates with a signal etc.
Even online I use this to my advantage if I am chipped up with shit cards. Online it doesn't seem to be a problem, you can fold to any check on all sites. All it asks you on most sites " are you sure you want to fold?".
I am a stickler for the rules, but I will not issue a penalty for open folding in order unless someone saw something dodgy between players.
mike ramsay
Full House
Full House

on 2015-11-18, 14:41
In this occasion if first two players to act are colluding it is better for the player not to open fold as his mate will know that he is prepared to fold in turn but the non-colluding player will not know that and be faced with making a decision with a player to act after him.

The more likely collusion would be between players 1&3. If player has a strong hand then he could signal to his mate to open fold as this more likely induces the bluff from the second player?

I believe that if players are colluding then there are far more profitable ways of utilising the collusion therefore would. To get unduly worried about open fold being part of an elaborate plot.

I often fold fom BB if six way to a flop that I have totally missed. I.e. 2,3 on a monotone 7,Q,K board.

If the rule indicates I can check, bet or fold I will exercise my right. If a rule forbids it then I will decide whether to play and then by entering I am accepting the rules and will abide by them. This is not a rule which would deter me from entering a comp
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum