Midlands Poker Forum
Please register as a full member of the site and login!
Go down
Panfried
Flush
Flush

Ipoker Crashed

on 2014-01-21, 23:29
Looks like Ipoker has blown a fuse.  I am currently chipleader at a final table with just 4 players left.  Aarrgh.   Sad

Flush
Flush

Re: Ipoker Crashed

on 2014-01-21, 23:44
Back up after half an hour, and I finished second.  Very annoying, though.

http://www.midlandspoker.com

on 2014-01-22, 00:02
Yes good old unreliable ipoker. No other network like it. Found myself in the same boat as you, just playing for another Golden Chip on DTD and was chip leader with 14 left when it crashed. Some players managed to steal for a while, clearly, but no damage done. Two chips now, quite sufficient I hope. Although some chappie has gone out of his way to get 8 chips and won a £550 seat for being the first to do it, there doesn't seem a lot of point in getting too many; you cant merge stacks, and you cant cash in the tokens, so it just means dead money in the pot.

Flush
Flush

on 2014-01-22, 07:41
Ascot wrote:Two chips now, quite sufficient I hope.

Congrats, sir.  I think you`re right.  I don`t see any point in collecting more than two or three. 

I wonder whether the way they are running it this time isn`t likely to encourage collusion.  A dishonest player, if he succeeds in qualifying for Day Two with a decent stack, could then be left with further entries which are worthless except for chip-dumping to a mate.

http://www.midlandspoker.com

on 2014-01-22, 12:09
Collusion? On the DTD skin? Wash your mouth out. Seriously though I dislike the DTD satllites for exactly that reason. It has been well documented on their house forum but nobody ever does anything about it. On the bubble last night with blinds at 10k/20k, i was watching the other table and observed a player shove UTG for 22000 and change, only for the big blind to fold. Hate that sh1t with a vengeance.

Three of a Kind

on 2014-01-22, 15:56
Panfried wrote:
Ascot wrote:Two chips now, quite sufficient I hope.

Congrats, sir.  I think you`re right.  I don`t see any point in collecting more than two or three. 

I wonder whether the way they are running it this time isn`t likely to encourage collusion.  A dishonest player, if he succeeds in qualifying for Day Two with a decent stack, could then be left with further entries which are worthless except for chip-dumping to a mate.
Im sure i read some where that if you make 2 and then re enter into another day1 you forfit your stack. I could of dreamt this though!!
Panfried
Flush
Flush

on 2014-01-22, 17:09
They have previously used the system you describe, Kevod, but it`s changed this time around.

Flush
Flush

on 2014-01-22, 17:14
Ascot wrote:Seriously though I dislike the DTD satllites for exactly that reason.

I find it irritating that DTD online satellites for a deepstack live event are often hyper-turbo.  Does it seem likely that the players who like deepstack live play are also going to include many who will enjoy a manic online shove-fest ?

You cannot reply to topics in this forum