Midlands Poker Forum
Please register as a full member of the site and login!
Go down
hmrcustoms
Full House
Full House

Runners

on 2013-10-24, 13:40
Just had a look at the results section for the G in cov, what on earth is going on with the number of runners for tournies.

Something needs to change drastically and quickly, maybe bring karl back ?????

http://www.midlandspoker.com

Re: Runners

on 2013-10-24, 20:36
Not sure - havent been there since the Goliath so is Karl gone then? With the overlays in the past month on their guaranteed comps everybody should be seeing a bit of value at Coventry, good shout of r drawing attention to it. Maybe they should be advertising themselves on social media a bit better.

With Broadway now offering guarantees, I think its fair to say everywhere is finding it hard going.

http://www.midlandspoker.com

on 2013-10-24, 20:41
And part of the trouble might be you are up at the Gala Very Happy

Full House
Full House

on 2013-10-24, 21:03
Ascot wrote:And part of the trouble might be you are up at the Gala Very Happy
Theres just something different about the Gala mate, Jon runs a well oiled engine with upmost respect from his dealers. I've only been 4 times and have been very impressed with the card room and the dealers. The cycle of dealer changes and the little things like chip counts at break all make the experience for me far superior than other local card rooms.

Having only attended 4 times and Jon remembers your name when registering all add to the feeling of being made welcome.

I was a loyal DTD player but the atmosphere has changed recently and you can feel the lack of care from all the staff, maybe i would be the same with the thrreat of being made redundant.

As far as the Ricoh is concerned i will attend to chat with friends and might return to play when the new schedules are released next month. I cut my poker teeth at the Ricoh and used to really enjoy the experience. Things nose dived when Karl started his UKGPT tour of britain and the ship looked close to sinking. One of my friends has had a meeting with the Ricoh management explaining why the card room numbers are dropping etc,

The poker scene is getting better for players as more card rooms increase guarantees like the Broadway and the next 6 months could be a good time for local players.

Flush
Flush

on 2013-10-25, 16:01
hmrcustoms wrote:Theres just something different about the Gala mate, Jon runs a well oiled engine with upmost respect from his dealers. I've only been 4 times and have been very impressed with the card room and the dealers. The cycle of dealer changes and the little things like chip counts at break all make the experience for me far superior than other local card rooms.
Agreed.  I think all of us who have played at Hill Street know that it sets the standard we would like to see in other card rooms.

You cannot reply to topics in this forum