Midlands Poker Forum
Please register as a full member of the site and login!
View previous topicGo downView next topic
Ascot
http://www.midlandspoker.com

Betfair begins split from Ongame

on 2013-01-23, 02:54

Betfair Poker has started its transition to the iPoker Network in the last 24 hours after making a first announcement on the subject only two weeks ago.

To help with the transition, the poker arm for Betfair will operate on both the Ongame Network and the iPoker Network for the next six months before beginning to gradually phase out its Ongame operations in preparation for a complete network jump in the summer.

The switch means that all new players can only join Betfair’s iPoker axis while existing players will be able to play on their old accounts for the next few months.

Joining bet365 Poker, Paddy Power Poker and Titan Poker, Betfair will operate on iPoker’s Top Tier playerpool.

While Betfair has started its move away from Ongame, the network has finally brought an end to its tiered playerpools. The presence of poker room specific tables has now been removed, meaning that operators have to now revert to universal playerpools

Flush
Flush

Re: Betfair begins split from Ongame

on 2013-01-24, 08:00
Not great for player choice. Including Betfair, I now have a total of 10 accounts with various Ipoker skins, many of which were not on Ipoker when I first joined.

Since one can only play one Ipoker skin at any one time, my ability to find four or five interesting tournaments at a buy-in which suits me and which start at roughly the same time (so that I can multitable and play them simultaneously) is slowly being eroded.

http://www.midlandspoker.com

on 2013-01-24, 20:49
Only 10? :-)

I have five ipoker accounts that started life elsewhere - Bet365, Coral, Everest, Gala, and Mansion, though I never use them.

But at the risk of repeating myself (it has been known), you CAN run more than one ipoker client at a time.

You need to download a program called Sandboxie (google it). The free version is fine if you just want to run two clients so you could play a Genting Satellite and a Paddy Power one at the same time for instance.

You start up the first client as normal.

You then fire up Sandboxie which hides anything you run within it from the rest of your computer, so you pick the menu option Run Any Program Sandboxed and it will let you open up another ipoker client because the new one cant see the one you are already running.

It's great for playing two different games on two skins. All that is necessary is to be able to hide the two clients from each other on your computer. The ipoker network still knows that there are two connections to their network from your IP address, so you cant join the same game twice for instance or it should detect that - it isn't a way of cheating or I wouldnt have posted it here.

Flush
Flush

on 2013-01-24, 23:21
Acrually, I had forgotten that Everest migrated recently, so that makes 11.

I`m aware of Sandboxie, m8. I have never tried it because I was told that it also hides the Sandboxed game from your HUD, which would obviously be a disadvantage.

You cannot reply to topics in this forum