Midlands Poker Forum
Please register as a full member of the site and login!
View previous topicGo downView next topic
Birmingham Grosvenor
Straight
Straight

Overlay alert!!

on 2012-08-11, 03:57
Due to Ramadan, the summer holidays (for many) and the few days of sunshine that we get every year arriving this month, Gala Birmingham are adding a shed load of cash every week!

So far this week we have added £900 to our regular tournaments!!!

Add to this the Re-launch Anniversary Grand Prix £5000 starting on 27th of this month and the usual £4000 monthly free roll resuming in September you can see why we are seen as having the best value card room in town!
j roper

Re: Overlay alert!!

on 2012-08-11, 15:41
stop banning people for stupid shit then maybe youd have some runners! crap management team
Panfried
Flush
Flush

on 2012-08-11, 16:17
There must be a story there. Care to tell us ? It`s always seemed to me that the Gala is a particularly well run cardroom.

Straight

on 2012-08-29, 22:44
I'm not sure where the post came from above but if they'd like to contact us at the club we'd be happy to look at every banning we have made from the card room.

It is true that we have banned several players recently and this is because of our zero tollerance in regards to threatening behaviour/foul language towards other players and our staff.

As poker professionals here at Gala Birmingham we pride ourselves in running a game that not only has great value and staff but is also run in a safe and (as much as possible!) friendly environment.

If you come to Gala to threaten people either physically or verbally - you'll be barred. If you come to Gala and cheat - you'll be barred. If you come to Gala and abuse our staff or customers you'll be barred. If that makes us badly managed then so be it.
kevod11
Three of a Kind
Three of a Kind

on 2012-08-30, 00:11
Gala Birmingham wrote:I'm not sure where the post came from above but if they'd like to contact us at the club we'd be happy to look at every banning we have made from the card room.

It is true that we have banned several players recently and this is because of our zero tollerance in regards to threatening behaviour/foul language towards other players and our staff.

As poker professionals here at Gala Birmingham we pride ourselves in running a game that not only has great value and staff but is also run in a safe and (as much as possible!) friendly environment.

If you come to Gala to threaten people either physically or verbally - you'll be barred. If you come to Gala and cheat - you'll be barred. If you come to Gala and abuse our staff or customers you'll be barred. If that makes us badly managed then so be it.

+1 for this!
j roper

on 2012-09-08, 09:30
not everyones been banned for either of those reasons you specified above tho have they? crap supervisor, crap manager, crap gm
Ascot
http://www.midlandspoker.com

on 2012-09-08, 16:50
Not sure what is behind this post or what point you are making but if you or a friend feel aggrieved about a ban Jon has offered to look into the situation if you contacted him, which I think is pretty fair. If you haven't done that, you are unlikely to get the resolution you want.

I think most people who go to Gala would give it a big thumbs up, staff and facilities are excellent in my view and I would totally support Jon's post about the "banning policy". Phone the club or send him a private message on here if you think you have been unfairly treated.

You cannot reply to topics in this forum