Midlands Poker Forum
Please register as a full member of the site and login!
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.midlandspoker.com

This Week At Dusk Till Dawn

on 2012-04-16, 02:20
Ascot
http://www.midlandspoker.com

Re: This Week At Dusk Till Dawn

on 2012-04-16, 10:15
Well, back to earth with a bump this week at DTD and some pretty average offerings sandwiched between the UKIPT and their next Grand Prix which starts on Sunday.

Gone are the nightly 4k guarantees, replaced - at least for now - by the rather more modest £40 comps with a 2k guarantee. Presumably they think they have hoovered up everyone's money in their efforts to make the UKIPT such a record breaking event. A little bit low key is probably in order now.

Dont forget that they have also now changed the basis of the buyins - the "headline" price will be what you pay and prize pools will be raked instead, with a minimum deduction of £5. So that £40 comp is really a 35+5, meaning they need 58 runners to cover the guarantee, not 50. And the £15 comp will be a £10+£5, hence the drop in guarantee from £750 to £500.

Personally I havent made any plans to attend the Grand Prix and have totally ignored their Chipleader promotion. I wonder how many other players are getting bored with the clubs constant attempts to beat records. Maybe it wouldnt hurt to settle back into a more regular programme of events instead of every month having specials rammed down our throats. Am I in a minority of one here? Any alternative thoughts?

One Pair

Re: This Week At Dusk Till Dawn

on 2012-04-16, 19:20
I think they are doing there best to shake things up and get people playing poker. It seems to be working and I've seen something the owner wrote about a very high percentage of there players coming from more than 30 miles away so maybe the midweek comps dont matter so much if the place is bustin at the seems at weekends. Something there for everybody I think.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum