Midlands Poker Forum
Please register as a full member of the site and login!
View previous topicGo downView next topic
Alea Nottingham
Ace High
Ace High

Alea Nottingham NEW SCHEDULE!!!!

on 2012-01-25, 20:01
ALEA NOTTINGHAM POKER LOUNGE

Poker Schedule

Tournaments From February 2012

Fantastic Freeroll Tuesday – 8-00pm

£0 No Limit Hold-Em
£10 Unlimited Rebuy
2000 Starting Stack, Rebuy, Add-On (Triple Add-On Allowed)
20 Minute Clock, £4 Registration.
£750 Guaranteed with 40 players

Beginners Wednesday – 8-00pm

£10 Freeze-Out
10,000 Chips
Cash Games from 25p-50p No Limit Hold ‘Em
25p-25p Dealers Choice
Rake 5% Capped At £3

Fantastic Friday – 8-00pm

£10 No Limit Hold-Em
Limited Rebuy (2 Max)
3000 Starting Stack, Rebuy, Add-On
£250 Added
£500 Added with 50 Players

Super Speed Saturday – 8-00pm

£25 No Limit Hold-Em +£5 Scalp
Super Turbo Freeze- Out
15000 Chips
12 Minute Clock, £4 Registration.
£50 Bonus for Player with Most Scalps
Late Registration until 9:15

Late Entries until 9:45pm
House Dealers Provided for All Tournaments and Cash Games
Registration for Tournaments available from 7:30pm
Cash Games Available
Rake = 5% Capped at £5.
All Players who register before tournaments start will receive a bonus of 1000 extra Chips
RAM RAIDER
One Pair
One Pair

Re: Alea Nottingham NEW SCHEDULE!!!!

on 2012-02-08, 11:54
Not a very exciting schedule to be honest, nothing there that would tempt me to visit. Beginners games havent seen them for years. With DTD doing £15 and £50 freezeouts all week and bigger games atweekends how come you arent having a stab at a £30 double chance or something like that?
trickytree

on 2012-02-08, 14:33
As a regular to Alea in Nottingham, I think the schedule is pretty good for the market they are targeting.
With DTD just down the road it has been difficult for Stef and his team to come up with something that will attract anyone!
To be fair the beginners comp is not something i will be interested in, but the Friday night competition is always packed out and makes at least £800 for 1st Prize (before deals)
They did have a £30 Triple chance similar to the double chance you suggested but never got any runners.
Also Saturday nights Turbo is a probably the most fun poker i have played in ages. Prizes not very big but as a night out the atmosphere in this comp is great.
Ascot
http://www.midlandspoker.com

on 2012-02-08, 17:30
Every schedule has its market I suppose and a group of MPF members found themselves at the Friday night game here a few months back and had nothing but good things to say about the place.

From my perspective, a turbo with 12 minute blinds wouldnt be my idea of a fun saturday night out. Are these self deal comps? Two or three hands per level? i cant see how an "online" clock would lend itself to that type of comp, and assume it has an early finish time.

I dont have a problem with beginners nights and it is no surprise to see them jumping on the freeroll bandwagon - everybody seems to be trying that for nights with traditionally poor turnouts (though Star City have been running them on Friday nights for a few years and regularly get 140 plus runners. The reg fees wont cover the dealer costs but I guess the spin-off business at the bar and in the pit must make it worthwhile to get people through the doors.)

I have emailed the Alea a few times asking for results to be posted, with no response, so have taken their planned results section off the forum. it would be nice to see what the turnouts are like. Maybe you could mention it to Stef?

Ace High

on 2012-02-08, 17:38
Hi guys,

All comps here are dealer dealt and therefore not 3 hands per blind level on the Saturday competition. Although this sometimes means kicking my lazy dealers asses!
As for lazy asses, I apologise for not getting round to posting the Results! Would be happy to post these in the future if we could get that section re-added!

At this moment in time we are still tweaking our schedule and looking into different ideas so all input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Stef
Ascot
http://www.midlandspoker.com

on 2012-02-10, 14:47
hi stef have recreated the results section for you, please either post the results directly in the relevant thread or mail them to admin@midlandspoker.com. Look foward to hearing about your schedule tweaks.

You cannot reply to topics in this forum