Midlands Poker Forum
Please register as a full member of the site and login!

Go down
Panfried
Panfried
Flush
Flush

MPN pulling the plug  Empty MPN pulling the plug

on 2019-09-23, 19:23
I see that MPN are going to cease providing their poker network software in 2020.  MPN sits behind several notable online poker rooms.  I know, even before I check some of the obscure sites where I don`t play often, that I have funds in at least three which will be affected. Shouldn`t be a big problem, though, as we have lots of time to withdraw. 

Perhaps more importantly, Grosvenor is one of the sites affected, and a heck of a lot of MPF members use that one.  Considering Grosvenor`s apparent lack of interest in poker recently, I wonder will they bother to make new arrangements ?  If they don`t, and the online qualifiers cease, how will that impact on the GUKPT, Goliath, 25/25 etc ?

Admin
Admin
http://www.midlandspoker.com

MPN pulling the plug  Empty Re: MPN pulling the plug

on 2019-10-06, 20:55
I thought when Genting closed their online poker room it would kill their poker tour, but it is still going, so it is possible Grosvenor just wont bother any more - but I suspect they might switch to a skin on the Winning poker network , or go back to ipoker. Be interesting to see how things pan out ....

Panfried
Panfried
Flush
Flush

on 2019-10-07, 22:26
Yes, I too have been surprised to see the GPS continue with no obvious decline in player numbers.  Speaking only for myself, the loss of the online qualifiers has meant that I have taken part a lot less.  When armed with a ticket won online, I was happy to take a road trip to a GPS event.  Now that I have to buy in with cash and add that cost to hotel, petrol etc. it looks less attractive.  So, I now only play the GPS at Resorts World (and I have missed most of those because of other commitments).

Going back to Grosvenor, I reckon (based on a very rough estimate of the number of tickets awarded on Grosvenorpoker.com) that around ten per cent of the 25/25 fields are online qualifiers.  I guess it will depend on whether that ten per cent is necessary for the continuation of the series.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum