Midlands Poker Forum
Please register as a full member of the site and login!
Overlay Expected! Grosvenor Coventry Titan - Fri 20th to Sun 22nd, £50+£7 buyin for £7500 GTD
Walsall hosts the next Grosvenor 25/25 Series from November 2nd - 5th. £200+£20 entry, £25,000 GTD
Genting International at Resortsworld host the Pokerstars Megastack from November 2nd - 5th. £150+£20 Entry, with a £25,000 Guarantee.
View previous topicGo downView next topic
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.midlandspoker.com

New Look for the Forum

on 2017-10-12, 14:24
Last time the forum was changed nobody liked it, but I have just revamped the look and layout, so I hope you like it.

If members take the trouble to actually LOG IN, rather than just view the posts as guests, you will see that there is a new link under the welcome message, "View posts since last visit"  which lets you click to see anything new since you last logged on.

So hopefully you will take the time to log on, and while you are here, post some more stuff about what is going on.

The info you need should all be here, letting you find out what you want in one place, without having to filter out all the incessant Facebook spam. Rolling Eyes

Panfried
Flush
Flush

Re: New Look for the Forum

on 2017-10-12, 20:44
New layout seems ok to me, although I`m not certain there is much value in having a dodgy woman staring at me from the top right corner. 

I think it`s a great pity that much of our traffic has moved from the forum onto Facebook.  Facebook is so limiting, it feels like swapping one`s car for a push-bike.

Admin
Admin

on 2017-10-12, 21:00
Panfried wrote:New layout seems ok to me, although I`m not certain there is much value in having a dodgy woman staring at me from the top right corner. 

I think it`s a great pity that much of our traffic has moved from the forum onto Facebook.  Facebook is so limiting, it feels like swapping one`s car for a push-bike.

Well, I shall have to bow to your superior knowledge of "dodgy women" lol!

At least I didn't go full "Page 3" though.

wurzel
One Pair
One Pair

looks good

on 2017-10-13, 01:38
Hi,
Thanks for the website update - looks good.
Wurzel.
Panfried
Flush
Flush

on 2017-10-13, 08:17
Admin wrote:
Panfried wrote:New layout seems ok to me, although I`m not certain there is much value in having a dodgy woman staring at me from the top right corner. 

Well, I shall have to bow to your superior knowledge of "dodgy women"  lol!

At least I didn't go full "Page 3" though.

I don`t know about "superior knowledge", mate, but some of my daft adventures might make you laugh. 

For example, when I was still at school, some of us were at a friend`s house while his parents were out, and we had the bright idea of sampling his Dad`s drinks cabinet.  None of us had much experience of drinking, and it had a very pronounced effect on us.

Among our group were identical rwins, Ann and Carol.  After a drink or two, when everybody was lying around zonked out, one of them went off to a room with me and we got to know each other rather better than we should have.  Two unfamiliar experiences in the one day.

Next day, when my head had cleared, I would have liked very much to ask for a rematch.  Problem was, the twins were completely identical and I couldn`t tell them apart.  I didn`t actually know which girl it had been and didn`t dare ask.  I was afraid that, if I were to mention it to the wrong girl, she would be shocked and would run to tell her parents what her sister and I had been up to.

Whichever girl it had been either didn`t remember after the hangover wore off, or was too shy or too embarrassed to mention it.  To this day, I have no idea if it was Ann or Carol.  Rolling Eyes

One Pair

on 2017-10-13, 09:32
after that story I think Panfried should have his own thread.

I like the new look and feel.
Admin
Admin
Admin

on 2017-10-14, 10:11
“Panfried’s Confessions Thread”

Has a certain ring to it I must say!!

hmrcustoms
Full House
Full House