Midlands Poker Forum
Please register as a full member of the site and login!
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.midlandspoker.com

The Titan at Grosvenor Coventry

on 2017-10-05, 14:36
Due to a number of conflicts in their schedule, the dates for the October TITAN at Grosvenor Coventry have been changed. The TITAN will now take place between the 20th and the 22nd of October, one week EARLIER than originally advertised:

Friday, 20th of October - Day 1A (19:00)
Saturday, 21st of October - Day 1B (18:00)
Sunday, 22nd of October - Day 2 (14:00)

The TITAN will have:
£7,500 GTD
£50+£7 Buy-in
25,000 Starting Stack
2 Re-Entries Available
No Add-Ons
30 Min Clock on Day 1
40 Min Clock on Day 2

Admin
Admin
Admin

Re: The Titan at Grosvenor Coventry

on 2017-10-18, 16:52
Fluence has just posted this on Facebook - so a timely reminder about the Titan at Grosvenor Coventry which takes place this weekend!

Can you keep a secret? Huge Overlay Alert!

G Coventry is running its Titan event starting in just 2 days time. But as far as I can see they haven't posted a single mention of it on FB since they put their monthly schedule on their own FB page on the 2nd Oct. (16 days ago)
With the lack of promotion and the fact that this months Titan will not have "Add-Ons" for the 1st time ever, they will do their bollocks for sure.

I personally don't like add-ons but G Cov have made the fatal mistake of listening to players! They have taken the add-on away but left the guarantee the same. So how on earth are they expected to make the guarantee when it didn't last month with add-ons?

So get down to Cov and grab some value from the terrific structure, 2 day £50 +7 comp and almost guaranteed overlay.

This may be the last time this ever runs. The management will almost certainly cancel next months when it overlays £2,500+ imo. Shame as I really like the event.

A lot of players don't want to be bothered to play 2 day events with just a £50 buy in and £7,500 guarantee, I can understand that, but for people like me who enjoy playing good structures but not £200+ buy in events its a nice comp to play.

Panfried
Flush
Flush

on 2017-10-19, 09:21
I agree it seems an unwise decision to take away the addon.  To my mind, it was that which gave the Titan its distinctive character.  It gave rise to a variety of approaches, with some players budgeting for one bullet only and treating it as a £50 comp, while others started out intending to invest £100.  I have heard some interesting debates at times about the pros and cons of either strategy.

The 6pm start to Saturday`s flight is possibly another error.  We have commented on this before in relation to the Titan.  I`m not clear how many levels are planned for Day One. Assuming it`s 10 or 11 as previously, and depending on the length of the breaks, by the time players bag up chips and leave the building on Sunday morning, it may be less than 12 hours before cards are dealt again.  That`s quite unusual in multi-day events and doesn`t allow a good opportunity for rest and recovery.

on 2017-10-20, 18:16
Had no idea this was on. Do they not want players to turn up? Have other plans now but if id known about this two weeks ago would have played it.
noeliocov
Two Pair
Two Pair

on 2017-10-21, 23:39
£800 overlay in the end
Admin
Admin
Admin

on 2017-10-23, 17:49
Not too bad considering it got no publicity apart from on here and Fluence's sterling efforts on Facebook. I gather they had too few dealers available on the Friday and an alternates list, so it sounds like they expected it to fail and didn't put enough staff on which is just crazy. If they actually tried to persevere with this, and ran it regularly, on the same weekend every month, people might return. Hope it is given a chance because the cardroom SHOULD be Grosvenor's flagship in the Midlands, but just isn't.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum